2008年11月6日 星期四

Article#6

Decoding the subtle injustices of ugliness talks about the discrimination for ugly people. From sociologist to economists started to observe the situation that people usually judge a person by his or her appearance. Even on movies, the villains were created in the terrible faces.

I think modern people like to see beautiful things and hate to have the contact with “uncomfortable” people. I have to admit that I also love to take a look on handsome guys. However, after read this research, I was surprised that I had been ignored the personalities which deeper than skin of human beings for a long time. In the report, the experts indicated that ugly people were always associated with evil and fear although there had no connection with them at all. Moreover, the ugly people also get fewer opportunities or earn less money than people of beauty. It seemed that have a lovely face or not would determine the whole life nowadays.

Our world keeps changing each moment. We could not slow down and know a person clearly. We set the rules in order to distinguish people into various types. The thin people are pretty and sexy to common people. I think that’s the reason why women go to do cosmetic surgery. I don’t know what the meaning is if each one looks alike. I don’t know how to change the conception of beauty, either. We have no right to define “ugly” or to persuade others become what we like. I think our world is cute because lots of special people.(254 words)

沒有留言: