2009年5月29日 星期五

weblog#5:Drugs in Portugal: Did Decriminalization Work?

In my opinion, sometimes, the limitation of laws is less important than the thoughts of human beings. Take me for example, I usually have the strong desire to try something was forbidden by parents, because my curiosity will be risen when they told me to avoid doing those things. Therefore, I think lots of people just want to challenge the authority of government, and then do some illegal deeds for fun. As a result, the higher restriction was set, the larger amount of people challenge it. According to this psychology aspect, I think that Portugal government is the perfect example to other countries.

In this article, the author likes to mention the differences between United States and Portugal, such as the growth of drug abusers, and it has distinct meaning for readers. It seems that people who live in Portugal have more common senses of drug than people in United States, and we found that the law in America is much stricter than in Portugal. However, I think we still need to spend more time on observing the phenomenon which will occur in Portugal in the near future; because it’s possible that other country takes advantage of the liberal laws in Portugal to do something illegal on purpose. (208 words)

沒有留言: