2008年12月17日 星期三

Article#11

Thirty Years After Deng: The Man Who Changed China talks about the feats which Deng already did for China and change China into a prosperous country.

I was surprised that the foreigner had an unforgettable impression of Deng, a leader of China. I knew that hi is the pioneer to make China’s economy open to the outside world, but I did not realize that he is also a vital character for people in other countries. To me, he is a brave person who believes that he could change China, just like Obama, and he really made it by establishing the Special Economic Zones at the coasts of China.

The other important thing he had done is the decision to crush the students in Tiananmen Square in 1989. My mom told me that she was watching the news from TV when the terrible incident happened, and I was lying in her belly safe and sound at the same time. She stared at the screen and suddenly the tanks crushed those poor students, it was an extremely brutal moment, no one ever predict that Chinese government made the horrible decide in the short time.

Deng brought China to a new phase; however, he also blew the hope of democracy in China. I think the various judgments around him would never end. (212 words)

沒有留言: